3.17.2011

~ Beauty Amidst Destruction ~

It seems silly and frivolous to post pretty internet findings when so much uproar is happening with our planet and its people.


I've always seen it that way. That we humans are "its people", like we are pets of the earth.


In some ways, we are.


We rely wholly on what it can provide; and often forget that we have such a reliance. We take food, fuel and inspiration from it, often giving little back. And yet, every spring, the world blooms with fragrance and bounty. Every summer the grass grows tall, in fall we are given a grand riot of colour - our own fireworks show. Sleepy winter provides crystalline beauty amidst silent trees.


Without going into environmental politics, I will say this: our planet and its people are in turmoil.


How can I possibly post about anything else?

It is difficult to absorb all that is going on - Japan, Libya, Bahrain; and only  a few weeks ago Australia, Egypt and New Zealand. Does anyone remember Christchurch? I do.


 In the spirit of living, loving, giving and growing, I offer photos I have taken or found - so that we might send thoughts,energy, and perhaps some money in support.


Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami relief  here

Donate to New Zealand Red Cross here

Donate to Libyan Red Cross here and Bahrain here UNICEF Egypt  here

This spring, I will be planting a few extra trees and tending to my garden a little more carefully.... hoping to give back my share.




No comments:

Post a Comment